Tuesday, December 7, 2010

First pre-season practice

In reality it is actually the second day of pre-season track, but it is the first practice for pre-season track. Happy and sad at the same time that track is starting. Happy that I get to run. Cheers! A little sad because I forgot how physically, mentally, and spiritually tiring it is to run. But then again, I guess that could be a plus, too. ;-)

Started off the season with some conditioning. We ran 2.8 miles at a very controlled pace. I ran with our fastest runner even though the run itself was suppose to be easy and under control, but I just followed him the whole time. His easy pace is still pretty fast for me, but it wasn't too fast to the point where I was out of breath and killing myself. I'm sure it will put me in better condition as long as it doesn't slaughter me, hahaha. We then proceeded to do strides. Our coach wanted to observe our running form. Running form equals efficiency!

Did I mention my foot is feeling better? Hoorah! Rested for about three weeks. I rarely ran during that time period. At the most two or three times a week if my foot was feeling good. Glad that it did not turn into a serious problem, and I hope it doesn't in the future, if it does reoccur. Anyway, great way to start off the season! Jimmy off! :-)

1 comment: