So, one night I was feeling a little extra creative for dinner. I scanned the refrigerator to examine what was shoveled into it. Some left over BBQ pork, carrots, onions, and eggs. My friend had told me cooking isn't just about following recipes, but it is also about being able to improvise and make something from looking or thinking about it. I found at that time it was a good time to experiment and try to cook something.
For my dinner I would be trying to make a stir-fry. I cooked the BBQ pork and stir-fried the vegetables and laid it on top of a mound of rice. To top it off I also added a fried egg to it. The result? A dish that was quite good. Although I could have went lighter on the oil and could have done a better job of cooking the food. Over all the result was successful, but it could have definitely been better. Here's a picture for you guys!
Now, onto the kimchi fried rice! So, I went to to the Korean market a couple weeks back and decided to grab some kimchi wile I was there. The Kimchi has been sitting in my refrigerator since then, but finally I mustered up the courage to actually use it in my fried rice.
The cooking process that I use to make kimchi fried rice may be different from other people's methods, but this is the way I ended up learning how to do it. So, I ended up using ground chicken because we didn't have any pork. Anyway, I cooked the pork until it was no longer pink and proceeded to add the kimchi quickly while adding some soy sauce. After some time over the heat I removed it on a dish.
Once I removed my chicken and kimchi I proceeded to make fried rice like I normally would. I was horrified to find that there were no eggs left, though. Following the completion of my fried rice I placed some of it on a plate and topped it off with my chicken & kimchi.
The taste could have definitely been better. It was not bad, but it was't too good, either. The kimchi didn't taste bad, but it was too sour for my preference, so I will try to fix that the next time I make this dish. In the end I think this mission was half successful. I finally went through the process of making a new dish, but it didn't come out too great. In the future I hope to greatly improve on this dish!
No comments:
Post a Comment