Had another adventure at the library today while I was volunteering. I got to meet new people from other schools! Can anyone say Bellflower and Lakewood? Haha! Volunteering today was definitely tiring, but in a satisfying way. You know, when you do hard work and the satisfaction of completing your task(s)? That's the feeling.
So ya, Paul picked me and Julie up to head to the library because we're all volunteering at the same time. The first hour of volunteering was pretty basic stuff. Just sit at the program desk and sign up kids and teens for the summer reading program. I really like doing it because I don't mind talking to people, which could actually be enjoyable some times! I also got to teach and demonstrate to a couple other less experienced volunteers how signing up people for the program works! Nerve wracking? Not really. . . Quite fun actually.
The rest of my time volunteering I spent doing something new: withdrawing books and tossing out old magazines. Withdrawing was quite tedious at first, but then Daniel Rajan and Harold Mao, students that also attend Mayfair Highschool, dropped by to volunteer, which made the whole process so much more enjoyable and lively! There was also a girl there, but I didn't get her name, so I'll get it next time.
I ended up finishing the boxing of books so much faster when Daniel came by. I was barely done with one box when he dropped in! Together we were able to finish about four boxes in the fraction of the time. The whole time we were just talking about school and other stuff, which included laughs and ended up being pretty fun. Harold was also there boxing other things with us. With Harold around you can always expect a joke to be made out of anyone and anything. Just seeing and talking with Daniel and Harold made my day.
Volunteering today was really fun. I didn't expect it to be all that great because I was actually dreading to go volunteer, but it didn't turn out so bad. I actually left the library on a good note today! Some friends, a little bit of motivation, and some work that needs to be done can go a long way. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment