I believe the hardest part about running is starting. Running itself is easy. You just run from point A to point B. The hardest is getting up from the couch and getting ready to run. I can run a mile, but the most frightening and difficult part is knowing that when I run it, it is going to be painful. Many people probably know after they are done running they will most likely be sore and tired.
Maybe running is like life. In life people are born, but inevitably die some time during that time. Death is surely to come. In running, it will probably hurt at one point. Pain, fatigue, and sorrow is part of it. Although there is pain and sorrow, there is also satisfaction and happiness. Just like in life, running seldom has those moments, but just like life, those moments make running worth it. Like Bill Bowerman said, "Running, one might say, is basically an absurd past-time upon which to be exhausting ourselves. But if you can find meaning, in the kind of running you have to do to stay on this team, chances are you will be able to find meaning in another absurd past-time: Life." If you can find a reason and meaning to run, you can definitely find a reason and meaning to continue life. Inversely, if you can find a reason and meaning to continue life, then you can definitely find a reason and meaning to run.
-- Jimmy Duong
I like this post. Very insightful. I feel like you are my big brother, not little brother. I Love you Jimbo!
ReplyDelete