Monday, May 9, 2011

I will admit it. I was not thinking about Melanie when I woke up the morning of the pancake breakfast. Get up. Eat. Put on running clothes. Run to Sam's house. Go to pancake breakfast. That is basically how it went. Pretty monotonous? Well, I did not mention the yetis I had to fight while I had to run to Sam's house. I was caught in a blizzard and took shelter in a cave which was made home by a few yetis. Without the knowledge of that I was attacked. I was able to defend myself and escape unscathed from the sudden attack by the yetis. It was understandable since I had intruded their home.

Yes, I walked Sam to the pancake breakfast. When we got there there was not much to do. I think there were four or five people at the most. Since there were not many people we just used my ticket, which I did not sell, to buy a few pancakes and sausages. Yes, we shared a plate. We did not share utensils. We cut out hearts from the pancakes though. The heart I cut out looked more like a triangle than a heart. Sam said it looked like a Limascon. If you are a mathematics freak and you have been or are currently going through pre-calculus, you will probably know what that is (A Limascon is a shape that looks almost like a heart). So yes, after we finished eating we went to ask if there was anything to do. There were not many people still. We ended up standing around and talking. It got to a point where I mentioned Melanie and Sam made me call her to ask her to come to the pancake breakfast. It turned out that Melanie was already going to the pancake breakfast. Renee is part of volleyball, so that is probably why.

Kevin came about an hour after Sam and I got to the pancake breakfast. Sam ended up leaving early though since she had to get ready for a gig at a yacht or something. Since Melanie was coming to the pancake breakfast I stayed. I was intending to leave with Sam, but oh well, Melanie was coming. I asked Kevin to stay with me since Renee was probably going to be there, too (Some morale support? Yea). Kevin and I sat down for about thirty or forty-five minutes just talking with friends. Suddenly, Melanie and Renee waltzed into the room. Well, they did not actually waltz in, but it made it sound exciting, did it not? Anyway, they just walked into the MPB with their plate O bread cakes and sausages.

Melanie and Renee sat across from me and Kevin. Renee in front of Kevin and Melanie in front of me. Well, what can I say? I have said it many times before, but Melanie looked very pretty. There are no one thousand words that could ever put enough emphasis on her beauty.

We just talked the whole time. Ranch was mentioned and Melanie talked about it. I guess Renee was looking at me weird. I did not get a chance to look. I found myself looking at Melanie quite intently a few times. I was also fidgeting with my house keys with the key chain "sexy" attached to it. Was I nervous? I believe so. Melanie was there, and so was her sister, Renee. I glanced at Renee a few times. I caught her looking at me oddly a couple times (At least that is what I think). Maybe a little disgust written on her face, too. Either way she still looked pretty. Melanie was eating burnt pancakes. One-side was burnt well, although it still seemed edible. She ate it. Interestingly enough Melanie did not use syrup to eat her bread cakes.

There was a moment where I told Melanie that her name had so much to do with skin.
"Yea, like melanin," she responded. I honestly was bewildered. She had used the word melanin. She looked cute while saying it, too (I am probably making that up since I did not look at her closely while she was saying it, but I'm pretty sure she would look cute saying it.)

Their mom called and said she was at the front of the school. We said our good-byes and they were on their way. Kevin and I decided to use the other gate since it was in the general direction of our houses. We ended up turning around since Kevin's parents and Sam were in front of the school, ready to pick him up.
"Oh! Melanie might still be in the front!" I exclaimed with excitement. I just wanted to see her one more time before she left. We ran to the front of the school. I did not get to see her, but I was still very happy since she went to the pancake breakfast and I got to talk to her. I jogged back home after that. Yea, I was delighted to see Melanie. :-)

Melanin

No comments:

Post a Comment