Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Poetry once, poetry twice

Every once in a while I write some poetry. Usually it is to vent whatever I am feeling, or some times I just feel like I am in the mood to write stuff down. I remember some time during fourth grade I wanted to be a poet, or an artist. I guess my heart is still slightly tugging at that memory and dream.


More than paintings could ever show
More than words could ever describe
Looking, searching, venturing, to and fro
I give you my heart because to you I confide

The storm of emotions constantly batter my spirit
All I know is that I must move forward and persevere
So slow does my moral begin to diminish
To be broken by you, there is no punishment as severe

But when your shining smile clears the dark sky
I cannot help but crack a grin of my own
Marveling at your beauty, I release a content sigh
Have my persistent efforts finally shown?

Unsure if true love has start
Unsure if I can earn the key to your heart

[Sonnet with the basic "ABAB CDCD EFEF GG" Rhyme scheme.]


The decaying leaves
Abandoning the cold trees
Once again bloom life


Days become barren
Bringing with it jealousy
Flourish in the spring


[A couple haikus, which display the 5-7-5 syllable scheme for lines one through three, respectively. I tried to focus on making better haikus than the ones they teach children to write at school. Focused on nature/seasons while incorporating other feelings, which the seasons may bring, while also comparing and contrasting seasons and emotions.]

No comments:

Post a Comment