For the first time in about a week I went out for a jog. My left foot had been bothering me. Shocking pain on the outside of my foot, around the arch. A week of lazing around and trying to run did the trick for my foot, although I feel as if I run hard the pain will come back because it feels a little weird. Anyway, the jog was only a two mile jog at about a 7:30 pace. My cardio is poo poo, but my legs feel very fresh! I guess rest does wonders in a way.
So, since I haven't been running for the last week, that means I missed CIF preliminaries. My foot was hurting enough, so I had to give up my spot to a substitute, who ran quite horridly. My sister said, "Things happen for a reason". I thought about it for a bit, and I had to agree with her. This turn of events may have not been the most pleasant, but I think it is something to grow off of. Not only as a runner, but also as person and character. It was my first real injury, too, so there is a first time for everything, I guess. Hahaha. On a lighter note, I got my CIF patch! Cheers. It would have been nice if I got to run, but there is always next year. These string of events shall lead to something much greater.
what does not kill you will make you stronger is what I say. get better buddy and let me know if you want me to take you to the foot massage place.
ReplyDeleteHaha, thanks. :-) My foot has gotten significantly better, so I think I will be fine.
ReplyDelete