Practice today started earlier than usual. I guess they were letting out students from summer school early or some thing, I'm not too sure. The practice would be at 2:30PM, but for a select few, which included me, another practice would be held at 4:00PM.
2:30PM practice was relatively easy. All we did was a South-Woodruff run, which just goes over two miles in distance. I spent the majority of my time in the back running with one of our newer runners. Although I did not mind, she is one of those people that will constantly say, "I can't, I can't". Honestly, I would rather see you throwing up or exerting every ounce of strength and energy in your body until I feel some type of pity.
4:00PM arrived in no time and we waited for our coach to take us to practice. We already know are destination: the beach. Beach work outs are fun, but I can't really find myself to ever love it. I'm not too sure why. . . Anyway, the beach run consisted of around a mile warm up and then some distance around three miles. Within those three miles there was quite a large hill. The slope did not start out too steep, but as you gradually climb the hill the gradient increases slightly. This may not be true, but this is how it looks and feels like. But it could also be from our legs tiring out!
The run itself was very steady and enough to get the blood flowing throughout my body. Of course my legs were still feeling out of it due to the previous workouts earlier in the week, but other than that, I had felt fine. I also forgot to mention he separated us into two different groups: a boys and a girls. There were four people in each group. The girls group consisted of Itzel, Lovett (Sp?), Amanda ( I don't even know if that is her name), and Jasmine. The boys group was made up of Francisco, Brandon, me, and Ventura (I think that's his name).
After our little run we went to Mother's Beach. At least I think it's called Mother's Beach. . . Anyway, this is where I lost my glasses. I decided to dive into the water, but forgot to remove my glasses! Pretty frustrating moment, but it was no use getting stressed over it, so I brushed it off as much as I could. Following our short beach adventure we went to In-n-Out to eat. I ordered a four by four with fries. I also ate some left overs the others could not eat, which included one portion of fries and part of a cheeseburger. I got too scared too eat the cheeseburger because I had already eaten a four by four. I did want to risk my health, hahaha! Hamburgers are something you should eat sparingly!
"Some change of scenery, right Jimmy?" My coach asked.
"Yea", I answered.
I guess he realizes that I'm a high maintenance runner. I need to satisfy my needs and demands in order to keep my moral high and devotion to the team at a decent amount. Obviously this is apparent for nay runner, but I have a tendency to go haywire if I get too stressed or fed up with things. Of course I play a much larger role in this. I take extra care of my body when I need to, which means icing, managing my sleep, and the foods I take in. I also try to manage my stress so it does not interfere with me emotionally, mentally, and physically.
So really this was my adventure for today! It was quite tiring, but very eventful. I don't think there was a moment where I thought, "What to do next?" Hopefully tomorrow I will have as much to say as I did today. Tomorrow is Boston to see Willa! Woo! Happy travels and good day/night to everyone!
bummer losing your glasses if you were going to do something like that maybe have a strap on it. mine came with it and it also has foam if I decide to use it in the snow or block wind when I ride my motorcycle... but it's not pocket proof so I snapped mine... so sad.
ReplyDeleteChange of scenery helps keep things exciting cus doing the same thing everyday just gets to you. The only thing I changed so far is mileage haha. I'm going to try a new course next weekend but hey you going to be in boston... maybe the air and atmosphere will absorb into your blood and you can pretend to be in the boston marathon lol have a fun and safe trip and don't get lost there and stress out your parents so run with your phone.