Walking into Lenscrafters and going through a few eye exams, I got to browse through their selection of glasses. I took a look at some Ray Bans and found one that was a possible candidate. I then strolled over to the Oakley section and picked out a couple which included the Wingspan and the Bottle Rocket. In the end I eliminated Ray Ban from my selection and was left with three choices, all being Oakley. I had the choice of choosing Wingspan, Bottle Rocket, and Flawless.
I quickly compared the Wingspan to the Bottle Rocket and Flawless. I did not like the feel of the frame and it did look a little bit odd; Probably due to the large shape and curvature of the frame. I was then left with the Bottle Rocket and Flawless. Now, the Flawless was a new frame to me as it was not like the glasses I had bought over the past years. The frame slanted slightly upwards kind of making it look like my eyes were more slanted. Basically, I looked more Asian, hahaha. I did take them into consideration, but in the end I set them down and was quite settled with the Bottle Rocket.
Even though I was leaning towards the Bottle Rocket, I took one more walk through the Oakley frames, and a couple Ray ban. I tried on a few and one of the ladies that was working there suggested me a pair, which happen to be the Socket 4.0. I now had a choice between the Bottle Rocket and the Socket. I continued to try them on and off, contemplating their looks and feel. The Bottle Rocket had a thinner frame, but the weight was slightly on the heavy side, which actually added a nice sturdy feel to it. On the other hand the Socket was slightly thicker and its frame just a bit lighter. I like the look of the Socket just a tad more than the Bottle Rocket and decided to go with that choice!
I now have two pairs of Oakley glasses. The Concrete 2.0 (Sun glass) and the Socket 4.0 (Glasses). The feel of the glasses are very different from many others you will ever buy. It took some time for me to adjust to the feel and frame, but once I did, I simply adored them. So, hopefully the Socket 4.0 will be able to stand the abuse they'll be going through in the future! Sweat, mud, and maybe a little bit of blood. :) Happy day to everyone.
Here is the Socket 4.0 (Oakley).
No comments:
Post a Comment