Friday, July 2, 2010

Half blind. . . literally!

"Is the car moving? I can't tell without my glasses", I asked jokingly.
"Yea", Brandon replied with a chuckle.

Surely enough it was bound to happen sooner or later. Whether it be sitting on it or throwing it into the fiery depths of hell, I ended up losing my glasses because I forgot to take them off for a swim. Pretty pathetic, huh? Oh well, I thought it was time to put those babes to rest soon anyway, although the way they were put to rest was quite crude and unexpected. I also lost them right before the Boston trip! What a dilemma! I'll just have to use my pretty bad vision and my oakley concrete, which are prescription sunglasses.

Now that my three (or possibly four) year old Ray Bans have been put to rest, the decision for new pair of specs have finally come. Now, I've pondered over contacts for quite some time, but that's probably because I always hated wearing glasses. I always felt like I looked stupid or not very great in the glasses I chose, but now I feel more confident in what I want.

For some reasons some people will choose contact lenses over glasses. Some times it's because they hate glasses, or they think they look better. I personally think anyone can look great in glasses as long as you choose the right ones that fit you. I think it even adds a little sophisticated look if you choose the right pair, guys! For girls, if you choose the right pair it can add, just like guys, a sophisticated look and can even look attractive. Girls with glasses are pretty cute too, you know! My reason to choose glasses over contact lenses? The idea of sticking my finger in my eye is still horrid. Of course, I wouldn't mind getting contact lenses (I'm sure I'd get passed the "finger in eye" part), but for some odd reason I feel more compelled to purchase glasses instead

So, my current pair of glasses, which were Ray Bans, have now been thrown into oblivion. Well, not technically, but you get the point. Anyway, choosing a new pair was always the worst for me. There are so many brands and varieties to choose from the choices can seem endless! In the past I had difficulties, but now I'm pretty sure which glasses I would like to get.

The brand I want for sure is Oakley. I have taken a liking to Oakley after buying my first pair of sunglasses. Their glasses feel very durable and strong compared to my Ray Bans that seemed so flimsy and brittle. Since I became an athlete I began to realize that I wanted glasses (or sunglasses) that could stand all the wear and tear of my work outs and the weather. Some times I would get hit in the face with a ball and my Ray Bans would instantly bend and morph into all these weird shapes that I never thought possible. This frustrated me to no end because I constantly had to "try" to bend the metal back into it's original position.

Oakley glasses and sunglasses frames are fairly pricey. A frame can go for one hundred maybe even two hundred dollars easily. What are my parents paying for if they buy a pair of these glasses for me? I'd like to say durability, a sleek look, performance, and, of course, the brand name. The frame that I have currently scoped out is the Oakley Wingspan. Now, if any of you have any other suggestions on glasses, please do comment. :) I have taken a quick skim through Ray Ban's frames, but none of them seem to fit what I would like. Their frames are very nice, but for my purpose? Yea, I think not. If you find any glasses that I may take interest in please share! ;)

So ya! Can't wait to go take a look at new glasses (that's a first). Right now I'll have to wear my Oakley concrete sunglasses. They were originally suppose to be normal glasses, but I asked them if they could replace the lenses with sun glass lenses, which actually worked out pretty nicely! The sunglasses took getting used to. Unlike my Ray Ban(s), the Concrete stuck to my face. The frame does not wrap around the ear, but holds on to your face. It may feel awkward at first, but once you get used to it, it's not so bad. Good day to all! :)

Here's a picture of my Oakley Concrete 2.0 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment